» Adoption Matters - Transitional Planning
Adoption Matters - Transitional Planning
Transitional Planning with Judy Archer, MSW, RSW.
For all parties to the adoption process-the child, the birth parents, the prospective caregivers, and the foster parents-particularly if they have been caring for the child for any length of time, adoption and permanency planning are profound, life-altering events. In this webinar, you will not only learn the goal and objectives for pre-placement visits, but concrete tools and strategies to facilitate the child’s successful transition to his/her new family.
Goal: To raise awareness about the rationale for and elements of a transitional plan when moving children from one family to another.
Objectives: By the end of this webcast, participants will:
- Gain insight into the impact of separation, loss and transitional planning on children-in-care
- Learn the 9-principles of practice that guide transitional planning
- Identify the 7-goals of pre-placement visits
- Discuss as many as 16 strategies, tools and techniques to facilitate a child’s successful transition
- Identify resources that can be accessed to heighten their understanding about transitional planning and the pre-placement process even further
- Discuss the value of being well-informed about transitional planning and the pre-placement process
Date: Tuesday, December 3rd
Time: 7:00 – 8:30PM
Registration: Pre-register online by clicking here.
Please use a laptop or desktop computer with an internet speed of at least 10mbps. Use of iPads, tablets, and mobile phones is not recommended as some media may not be supported.
Perform an Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test to ensure your computer and network connections are properly configured to provide you with the best possible Adobe Connect meeting experience.
Education Events, Featured, Online Events